[wplug-board] October Board of Directors meeting

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Sun Oct 13 12:42:56 EDT 2013

The next meeting of the WPLUG Board of Directors will take place this
Tuesday, October 15th. Based on past precedent, I presume it will take
place over IRC. What time should we start? Would it help if we met late
again?

There isn't much new business to discuss. I suppose Joe could talk about
the O'Reilly User Group program if he has a chance to work on it between
now and then.  We could try to work out the logistics for who would be
responsible for managing the WPLUG library. Maybe we could plan a "meet
the candidates" IRC session.

Other than that, there are the usual outstanding problems:

-Switching up the schedule so we have more variety
-Status of online payment forms
-The Web site redesign

However, since most of those points are committee-related, I doubt we'll
talk about them to any great extent.

Speaking of the Web site...at yesterday's meeting, I showed off the
"dummy site" I put together on WPLUG's instance of WordPress. When the
conversation turned to which theme we were eventually going to use, I
couldn't remember when actually voted to approve the money for doing so.

Well, try as I might, I couldn't find anything in the past several months'
board minutes where we voted to buy the LesPaul[1] WordPress theme.
Could it be that we talked about it in CRW but never formally approved it?

--

*Justin Smith*

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius
to understand the simplicity."
-Dennis Ritchie

--------
[1] http://themeforest.net/item/lespaul-retina-responsive-wordpress-theme/4083224?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author