[wplug-board] Progress on online payments

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Tue Oct 1 12:49:33 EDT 2013

Joe and I attended OpenHack last night, and (as I planned on doing last
time, and then didn't get to go...) I spent the time working on the
online payment system.  I feel guilty that I ended up pulling Joe away
from what he was planning to work on (sorry about that) and got him to
teach me enough PHP to get a very minimal Stripe payment form working.
I started with Stripe, because they were easier to test with.

The net of it is, working together, we were able to get a simple form
that could accept test payments, and were able to process test payments
and see them show up in our Stripe dashboard.

Now, we need to flesh it out and create a full-blown online membership
form, that people can use to join or renew.  We also realized, as part
of this, that the paper membership form needs to be changed, as nowhere
on the form is there any kind of indication that whoever is joining
agrees to be bound by the WPLUG bylaws. This is just a simple edit,
though I only know where the PDF membership form is, I am not sure where
the original source document is.

Next up - similar form for Coinbase....

--Pat.