[wplug-board] Fwd: [rubypgh] Global Day of Coderetreat - December 14th

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Wed Nov 20 13:01:24 EST 2013

Hey,

If we're going to plan an event for 2nd Saturday of December, be aware
that this date conflicts with Global Day of Coderetreat.  I'm not sure
how many potential attendees would be impacted by the conflict, so this
is more just for awareness.

Part of me wonders if it might be plausible to do an event in
conjunction, at the IBM Big Data Lab location, and maybe try to get some
cross-pollination of attendees - but there might be some space
constraints there, as it's a small facility and I'm not sure how many
attendees they're expecting for Coderetreat (at best, we'd probably be
constrained to do our event in a conference room if we did it there,
assuming there is a room available that they're not using as a breakout
room).  But this might be something we could look into at some other
time and some other event, too.

--Pat.