[wplug-board] Not attending July GUM

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sun Jul 7 04:02:48 EDT 2013

On 7/6/2013 3:27 PM, Terence J. Golightly wrote:
> On 07/06/2013 03:19 PM, Justin Smith wrote:
>> I think it’s worth having a business meeting.
>>
> I believe we need a minumum of membership and board present to have one
> though.  So we'd at least have to have the membership list handy to
> verify attendees.
Technically, the board does not need to be at a membership meeting (as
it is not a board meeting).  Though of course, if there are no board
members present, there won't be anyone to report on anything (unless the
membership brings up issues spontaneously)....

Quorum for a membership meeting is 20% of the membership.  If I recall
correctly, I think we currently have 18 paid members.  So we'd need 3.6
paid members to show up at the meeting in order to conduct any
business.  (All I can say is, I would not want to be that last .6
member, that could be painful... ;-) )

--Pat.