[wplug-board] Not attending July GUM

Justin Smith justin at js-wordsmith.com
Sat Jul 6 15:19:46 EDT 2013

I think it’s worth having a business meeting. Vance may have something
new to report related to his DDNS project, and I’m sure you and Pat
wouldn’t mind giving us an update on next month’s picnic.

I don’t think we /officially/ have a venue for next week’s GUM. The craft
group at CLP Brookline booked up our meeting area every other week for
the indefinite future, so we can no longer use it as our standard location.
I’m not sure we can even consider it an alternative location. Pat has
generously offered to reserve meeting space at IBM Pittsburgh, and so far,
nobody has come up with any better solutions.

By the way, Terry, have you set up a Coinbase account for WPLUG? If not,
and you’ve got some free time between now and, say, Tuesday, I’d be
happy to walk you through the process. IIRC, we voted to start accepting
in-person Bitcoin payments (via the Coinbase Android app) by next week’s
GUM.

--
*Justin S. Smith*
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
-Richard Stallman

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org