[wplug-board] Board meeting

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Thu Apr 11 13:14:09 EDT 2013

On 04/10/2013 10:18 AM, Justin at js-wordsmith.com wrote:

> Since we're still wrestling with PHP issues on the server, we should
> focus on matters that don't directly involve it. We could easily take
> up the whole evening just deciding which platform to use for the Web
> site! Have any of you found a compelling reason to use Joomla? I
> haven't. I've seen some nice themes, but none of them include enough
> page templates. In terms of extensions, I haven't had a chance to look
> at it. I've been preoccupied with redesigning my personal Web site,
> which uses WordPress.

I haven't found a compelling reason to use any of the particular CMS
systems over any of the others, so at the end of the day it comes down
to what we can make look and work the way we want it to, and that we're
comfortable with.

Each of the systems has it's own plusses and minuses, so unless there is
some killer feature that one of the systems has the the others don't, or
some fatal failing that one of them has that would make us eliminate it
from consideration, I agree that it makes little sense to continue to go
back and forth on CMS selection - they're all decent systems, they all
have fine capabilities that would lend themselves to our use, and at
this point we should just pick one that we can generally agree we can
get a quick start with, and run with it.

As the saying goes, "The perfect is the enemy of the good".

--Pat.