[wplug-board] Updated Special Rules of Order page

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Thu May 3 10:51:26 EDT 2012

On 05/03/2012 7:42 AM, Michael Loomis wrote:
> I am surprised that the last changes were in 2005. Have past boards
> documented changes elsewhere?

Our "organizational memory" for actions taken by the board is the
wplug-board mailing list archive, and meeting minutes posted to the
wiki.  There's actually a lot of good information there if you dig around.

The bylaws already give the board fairly flexible authority to act, most
things don't require adopting a Special Rule of Order.  Thus, there
haven't been many adopted.  The subject matter we were considering the
other night (virtual meetings via audio conference) is, however, an area
specifically called out in the bylaws as requiring a Special Rule of
Order (http://www.wplug.org/wiki/ByLaws#8_MISCELLANEOUS_PROVISIONS -
section 8.4).  Aside from the changes we adopted the other night, all of
the existing Special Rules of Order were adopted by the first board that
served under the current bylaws (in 2005).

The existing bylaws were adopted by the membership in 2005, and were
amended in 2007 and 2011.

--Pat.