[wplug-board] The Braddock Installfest

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 00:42:40 EDT 2012

Judi,

Are you talking about possible Linux training courses at Goodwill?  The
reason I ask is that your subject line appears to be different than the
body of your message. If so, then you might try to re-start the thread
on the general mailinglist. If that doesnt' work, well we can discuss
things further at Aprils' board meeting.

Another discussion we need to attend to is what would we offer
members/list lurkers to do the deed?  Besides a resume recommendation,
what kind of incentive can we/Goodwill offer if this were to come to
fruition?

Now as for an installfest at Braddock Public Library. Questions arise as
to their connectivity and bandwidth, and the building environment; does
it have an air conditioning system?  The other more obvious one is the
proximity of Braddock to Swissvale. So very close to our home base.

In the summer, last spring we held an installfest at the Monroeville
Public Library and a summer one at the Brookline Branch of CLP and of
course our connectivity issue at the Northland Public Library.

Regards,

Terry

--
Chairman The Western Pennsylvania Linux User's Group
chair at wplug.org
http://www.wplug.org