[wplug-board] Social networking

Joseph Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:00:46 EST 2012

Yeah, I am only referring to outreach stuff here.  Facebook is still
the biggest, but yet some people use Twitter too, and the more
tech-savvy seem to prefer Google+.  I think if we just ignore these
outlets, we're not really doing a good job to spread the word about
the club.

The Group on Facebook still serves little purpose, as when somebody
joins a group, nobody else they know is aware of that fact.  When you
like a fan page, all of your friends know about it, and it can even be
recommended to them.  I think for Facebook anyway, it is best to go
with a fan page only, as groups are kind of looked down upon nowadays
and serve little purpose in my opinion.

I think having a Google+ page, a Twitter account, and a Facebook fan
page is the way to go.  Keeping the Facebook group around will only
cause confusion and will hinder marketing to the group as far as I am
concerned.

- joe