[wplug-board] Where do we get our distro media? Plus, media and stuff I'm bringing on Saturday...

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Thu Feb 9 11:58:42 EST 2012

At the last GUM I attended, I picked up some media off the giveaway
table.  I was wondering ... who brings these (if not a board member),
where do we get them, etc.?  I'm currently pulling down ISO images that
may be needed for Saturday and I don't mind burning install media.  But,
just wondering where we get the "official" stuff and who has it...

RIght now, in terms of "official" media, I have:

Fedora 15 32-bit installation DVD (obsolete - planning to discard)
Fedora 15 64-bit installation DVD (obsolete - planning to discard)
Fedora 15 32/64-bit Live CD (obsolete - planning to discard)
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS CD (current)
PC-BSD 8.2 (amd64) DVD (current, but I'm probably the only person I can
think of right now who'd be interested in a BSD derivative ;-) )

I will be bringing (in addition to the Ubuntu CD above):

Fedora 16 32-bit Live CD
Debian 6.0.3 32-bit Live CD (GNOME desktop)
CentOS 6.2 32-bit Live CD
Fedora 16 32-bit installation DVD
Debian 6.0.4 32-bit installation DVD
CentOS 6.2 32-bit installation DVD
FreeBSD 9.0 32-bit installation DVD (yeah, I know, probably won't be any
call for it - but I have it around, so...)

I'll also have the ISO images for these (and possibly others) with me on
my laptop.

I will also have YUMI on my laptop, and if anyone brings their own USB
thumb drive, can use YUMI plus the ISO images I have to build them a
multi-distro bootable USB thumb drive with whatever distro(s) they want.

--Pat.