[wplug-board] Received correspondence from a Linux-based project today

Joseph Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:50:37 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Pat Barron <pat at lectroid.com> wrote:
> When I checked the PO box today, I found a piece of written
> correspondence from a representative of the "Free Linux PC Project".
> The letter is undated, and the postmark on the envelope was smudged and
> I couldn't really make out the date - best guess was postmarked sometime
> in January.

Yeah, that's probably accurate.  I checked the mail within a week of
our January board meeting, so it was sometime after that.

> The project is asking us to ... well, to be honest, not clear what
> they're asking for.  Perhaps just intended as a way of introducing
> themselves.

I noticed that too.  Do they want us to donate PCs?  Maybe they want
us to help prepare PCs for the final end users?  Do they want to
simply increase their membership through us?

> I've scanned it in, and will forward a copy to the secretary (I'm not
> sure that the mailing list software will forward attachments); if anyone
> else wants a copy, let me know and I'll send it along separately.  I
> will also bring the original to the board meeting tomorrow, and perhaps
> we can discuss how we want to respond (if at all).

I read the copy a few times and will have one copy available for
others to read.  We can discuss it and see if there's any course of
action we want to take.