[wplug-board] Next Steps

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Dec 24 18:54:01 EST 2012

Thanks to Joe for posting the summary of the CRW discussions to the wiki!

I'm open as far as a meeting location, as long as we can find someplace
that's suitable for holding a meeting.  I think the primary factors
would be a location that will a) tolerate us sitting there and gabbing
for an hour or two, and b) has free wireless Internet access.  Sadly,
don't think we're likely to find anywhere suitable that's centrally
located and equally convenient for all.  The point John made about
having a fixed meeting location is well taken, but is basically
applicable for general member meetings (so as to make sure members
*never* have any doubt as to where the meeting is) - for purposes of the
Board, I think it would be fine to rotate around meeting locations, to
spread the travel burden around more equitably.   I will echo what I
think I heard a couple of people say last time, though, which is that
I'd prefer to see the Board meetings start later in the evening.  This
actually would help me (and maybe others?), in that pushing the meetings
out later means not having to drive in crazy evening commute-time traffic.

Virtual meetings would really help us here too, and will be easier to
arrange if we can get the proposed RP1 bylaws amendment adopted.

Sort of echoing Joe's comment, the "technical program" stuff isn't part
of RP1, this was a side discussion we got into because Vance asked what
we had planned for the January GUM.  We still need to reach closure on
that before we can announce the GUM.

--Pat.