[wplug-board] Beginning rough draft for the sprout fund grant

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sat Apr 28 23:38:58 EDT 2012

On 4/28/2012 4:05 PM, Joseph Prostko wrote:
>   In any case, I think we still need more substance, as Sprout Fund is
> really looking to fund new projects, not pleas of "hey, we need stuff
> that may come in handy when we do what we're already doing".  That
> said, I don't really know how we can make the proposal more enticing,
> but I'll ponder it this weekend.

I agree with Joe on this.  The biggest thing the draft is missing is a
proposal for an actual, new project that requires funding.  A proposal
could definitely include budget for marketing, it but would have to be
marketing in the context of some particular project that we want support
for.

And, as Joe mentioned, Sprout Fund wants to fund new work - they
generally don't provide funding to keep doing what you're already
doing.  The thing to remember with Sprout Fund is that, if what we're
looking for is funding to support or improve our existing, ongoing
operations, we're barking up the wrong tree.

--Pat.