[wplug-board] One other agenda item for the next board meeting

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sat Apr 28 18:54:17 EDT 2012

Based on more research through past meeting minutes and mailing list traffic (it's great that we have such an extensive organizational memory...), the ErieLUG Revival Committee disbanded itself sometime in 2010.  ErieLUG itself (to the extent it still exists, which is "basically not at all" right now, as far as I can determine) is/was an independent entity not affilliated with WPLUG, that we were trying (unsuccessfully) to help get booted back up.

There's an existing Special Rule of Order still on the books that requires us to have an ErieLUG Revival Committee.  Since we don't have such a committee right now, we're technically in violation of our own rules.

Thus, the proposal to formally dissolve the committee, and rescind the existing Special Rule of Order.  I'm not sure why there's a rule in place for it anyway, since the bylaws already permit the board to create and dissolve committees (other than the set of standing committees listed specifically in the bylaws) as required.  So, my goal is just to update our governance on paper to match reality.

--Pat.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide