[wplug-board] The proposal

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Thu Apr 12 00:35:22 EDT 2012

On 4/10/2012 6:33 PM, JUDI GALARDI wrote:
> I need to know if you approve of Sallie's work -- the graphics
> illustrator whose website I sent you.  I will find out how many hours
> it will take her to do the banner.  I will offer her $20.00/hr.

I looked at the artist's web site.  The stuff in her "Design" portfolio
indicates that she could most likely produce something based on our
existing artwork (I don't think the work in her other portfolios is
applicable to what we're thinking about).  So basically, I have no
specific objection to this artist.

Just make sure, if you speak with her, that she understands we aren't
making her a firm offer, just inquiring about price right now (we really
can't do any of this without some kind of external funding from somewhere).

> I need to know if we want stickers for the cd's: compliments of wplug
> and if we should let Sallie design it through vistaprint or ask her
> who she has used in the past.

Stickers, I suspect we could do ourselves.  Though sure, can't hurt to
ask her.

> This is basic; so is info about your backgrounds, a couple of
> sentences will do --

I'll send you an abbreviated bio shortly.

> for that and for:
>
>  what else we have done; install fests, free open source day, wiring
> the wscc.

Like I mentioned before, almost all of this information is already
available on the wiki:

http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Past_Meetings

There might be other stuff that you'd need to glean from the minutes of
past board meetings:

http://www.wplug.org/wiki/WPLUGBoard

--Pat.