[wplug-board] wplug phone number

Michael Loomis amsonia.ciliata at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:29:17 EDT 2012

I think if we want to grow our club we need to let people communicate with
us in the way they choose. Google numbers as voice mailboxes are pretty
safe ways to let people communicate with us. My gay Jewish group also uses
Google voice. We don't get any abusive phone calls and the number is
published many places on the web.

I would suggest a telephone greeting along the line: "Thank you for calling
Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group. This phone line is intended to help
people who want more information about our meetings. Calls for other
purposes such as Linux help will not be returned. If you need information
about a meeting, please leave a message. " After that, anyone with an
expectation that their call is going to be returned will simply have to be
disappointed.