[wplug-board] SFD DVDs

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Sep 3 23:50:12 EDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 10:01:04AM -0400, Terence J. Golightly wrote:
> I did notice that on the Freeculture disc Big Buck Bunny
> and other Blender animations.  Plus lots of docs on the philosophy of
> FOSS.  This if anything is a really nice addition to the set of discs.
> However, I am underwhelmed by the Open Distro disc.  It has Debian and
> several distros that I have never heard of.

I can't download the ISO images; is there a description somewhere
listing what they all contain?

> Another thing, I forgot at the meeting to mention that we need to print
> Fliers and maybe a banner for our booth.

There's a flyer we generated a few years ago on the wiki at
<http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Image:Sfd-2007-flyer.pdf>.  It was
based on a template from SFD.  It's out of date in that it refers
to the old OpenCD, but may be useful to look at when developing
one for this year.

I think we looked into a banner some time back and found it to be
rather expensive.  The laminated signs we use for GUMs will
probably work (maybe one on the front of the table, one on the
wall behind?).  If the ones we have are looking too shabby, we can
get new ones made.