[wplug-board] Fwd: Re: Wplug's November Schedule

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 06:26:25 EDT 2011

On 10/25/2011 12:37 AM, Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
> Unfortunately, the Trevanion room is not handicapped-accessible -
> the auditorium is the only room at WSCC that is barrier-free.

True, At such short notice however, I felt we had little choice.  It
would be nice to get our network obligations completed.

  But
> I don't really have any alternative suggestions to offer.  Perhaps
> someone could volunteer to serve as a point of contact for people
> with accessibility problems, and we could try to see what we could
> do to accommodate them?  Not an ideal solution by any means, but at
> least it's something.

IIRC the only handicapped individual was Bob (whose last name escapes
me) passed away last year.  Cross fingers here.  Yes, at the Nov board
meeting we should discuss that.

> There is a wired network jack in the Trevanion room, which along
> with the acoustic curtains makes it more suitable than the other
> classrooms.

That and it is smaller. Fortunately, its only on the first floor.  They
must of queried the state regarding funding for Accessible modifications
to the building.  I'll ask Patty about that after we talk at the board
meeting.

> Seems to me we should try to keep in closer contact with WSCC.  I
> feel like we're kind of becoming detached.  It would benefit us
> both I think for us to be more involved with the WSCC community.

Yes that makes sense.  Perhaps asking for volunteers to help out on
their recycling drives and other events that they hold.

<snip>

Regards,

Terry

--
Vice Chairman The Western Pennsylvania Linux User's Group
vicechair at wplug.org
http://wplug.org