[wplug-board] advise an regarding invitation

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 19:40:22 EDT 2011

Gang,

Friday, I received an invitation from Dave Sevick to speak at an NPMUG
meeting at the Monroeville Public Library Thursday evening.  The topic
will be our SFD event and what we do at Wplug.  I was hoping to do some
brain storming the next couple of days with you, my fellow board members.

So what does wplug do?

Advocate for adoption of the use of Linux by the greater population.

Try Educate the uninitiated that alternatives to Microsoft and Apple exist.

That alternative is Linux, but there is also Foss Free and Open Source
Software for the Windows and Mac.

You own your computer, so why not the software that you install on it?

Show them distrowatch.com?  Of course discuss the "Spotlight on Foss"
Dvds from SFD.

What/How might you think I present Wplug?  I was thinking of some of the
information imparted by Maddog at Olf or in Fairmont. As a possible
addendum.

I'll sit back now and wait for the rush of your replies:).

Thanks,

Terry

--
Vice Chairman The Western Pennsylvania Linux User's Group
vicechair at wplug.org
http://wplug.org