[wplug-board] Possible presenter connection.

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:09:53 EDT 2011

Board,

I'll be attending the hockey game this friday the 25th gratis from our
friends at Novell and SUSE Linux.  For 25 minutes before the game they
will present: The SUSE Enterprise Hat Trick with the Pittsburgh
Penguins.  I thought besides getting to see the Hockey game, I'd do a
little networking on on behalf of WPLUG (and ok I admit perhaps myself
as well)

However, I didn't sign up as the Vice Chair of Wplug. Just as citizen
Golightly.  Would there be some kind of problem here?  If after the
meeting I went up to the presenters or any company representatives there
and offered them a Wplug business card (oops I don't have one) and asked
if they could/would like to present how they use Linux in there
Enterprise, would that constitute an ethical breech or deception?

It didn't start out that way for me.  I thought it a nice idea for job
networking.  However, reconsidering this could benefit Wplug as well.
That is if everyone doesn't feel that I would be in breech of
professoinal protocol.

Best Regards,

Terry
vicechair at wplug.org