[wplug-board] Our SFD page

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Jul 23 16:07:10 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 12:41:58PM -0400, Terence J. Golightly wrote:

> Check it out let me know. Should I put this out on wplug-announce?

Yes, but we need to establish and include in the announcement the
following:

1. Who is the chairman of this effort?  This person needs to serve
as the central point of contact.  For planning purposes, I would
suggest using the wplug-plan mailing list for discussion among the
volunteers involved.

2. What things need to be done?  In addition to being there on the
day of the event, there are preparations to be made, venue
arrangements, etc.  In short, what are we asking volunteers to do?

3. When will these activities take place?  Have we set a date yet?
How about the prep work (although timing for this is more
flexible)?

Basically, look at this announcement from the point of view of a
person who reads it.  She should be able to tell what SFD is, what
we are asking her to do, and what the demands on her time will be.
This will help her decide whether she wants to be involved.  If
so, she needs to know who is heading the effort and how to join.

Links to the appropriate sites for a more detailed description are
also worthwhile.