[wplug-board] Draft of: WPLUG to hold an installfest

Terence J. Golightly vze27hs6 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 15 11:05:46 EST 2011

Board:

This is a revision of a revised draft. Thanks to Vance for his input
regarding errors and/or omissions. So I need the rest of you to look
this over and give your comments.

PLEASE note that I have put a reply to in the headers to make sure that
replies go to the wplug-board mailing list.

Dear Cpusergroup,

My name is Terry Golightly and I am the new Vice Chair of the Western
Pennsylvania Linux User's Group (WPLUG) and as in that capacity I'm
pleased to annouce that WPLUG will be holding an InstallFest on March 12
from 1:00pm to 4:30pm  at the Monroeville Public Library. I am hoping
that your group would be kind enough to promote our gathering on your
website. As well, please invite your members to attend, we would welcome
the chance to interact with our fellow computing enthusiasts!

If you or a friend have a current linux install and need help with
tweaking or troubleshooting a problem. Bring it! Want help installing
one of the latest releases from the world of Free and Open Source
Software (FOSS). Bring it! Come early, since any endeavor involving
computers and software can of course consume valuable cycles!

To have the best install experience, its is best to have a machine that
is less than 5 years old with a cd/dvd drive and a network card.
However, if you have older hardware you would like to try out. Please
rsvp at least several days in advance to wplug at wplug.org with your
hardware specs and someone there should be able to provide feedback
regarding your prospects for a successfull install.

Ok  I decided that this is a good use for the mailing list.  My
reasoning is it might get members/mailing list followers a chance to
participate. Can I get a second on that?

Regards,

Terry
vicechair at wplug.org