[wplug-board] A note about our meeting on a local blog

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 19:44:38 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Terence J. Golightly
<terencejgolightly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Board,
>
> I use Google Alerts to notify me of any appearances of my name out there
> in the webosphere.  Well check out the following blog post:
>
> http://rauterkus.blogspot.com/
>
> It is our posting for this upcoming meeting.  Do any of you know Mark
> Rauterkus?  Just curious.  A little free pub i.e. if anyone actually
> reads his blog.

Mark Rauterkus has not attended a wplug meeting in a while but, he
continues to post our events on his blog. Its a good thing since it is
a free plug.

A few years ago, a concerned member had brought his blog to my
attention because he was also running for political office. The member
was worried that Mark's affinity for WPLUG would make people think we
are a political action group. I don't believe that we should turn away
guests or members based on field of endeavour. Consider point 6 of the
Open Source Definition.[1]

Thanks,

Beth Lynn Eicher

[1] http://www.opensource.org/osd.html