[wplug-board] FW: Licensing policy

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 15:08:13 EDT 2011

Taylor Vecere <Taylor.Vecere at skybotsoftware.com>

Gang

This is my considered response to the above named person.  He/Shee is
promoting Skybot software.  Below you will see our corresponce and my
replies.  I just want feedback regarding my tone and if from the limited
reading of the skybot license is not GPL/FOSS and of course if my
premise is correct that GPLs and FOSS are one and the same.

Thanks,

Terry

On 08/18/2011 10:58 AM, Taylor Vecere wrote:
> Hello Terence,
>
> I just wanted to follow up my email below.  Did you receive it ok?  Did you have any other questions that I could help you with?
>
> Are you still interested in the User Group offer for Pat to speak?  Her fall schedule is quickly filling up so the sooner we look at booking a date the better.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Taylor
>
> Taylor Vecere
> Marketing Manager
> Skybot Software
> Phone: 952.563.2752
> taylor.vecere at skybotsoftware.com
> www.skybotsoftware.com

Dear Taylor Vecere,

Apparently, your software is not licensed under the General Public
License (GPL). We at WPLUG (Western Pennsylvania Linux User's Group)
support and promote GPL'd code a.k.a. Free and Open Source Software
(FOSS).  Since your software product has a proprietary license, it does
not fall with our parameters of what we promote.

Sincerely,

Terence J. Golightly

--
The Western Pennsylvania Linux User's Group
info at wplug.org
http://wplug.org