[wplug-board] Fwd: picnic

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 09:19:08 EDT 2011

Dear Board,

Judi is not a member, yet she is part of the events committee. Regardless,
it is a fair question.

The wplug picnic used to be an event we would all plan for months. Not
everyone brought food but everyone had something to contribute as a
community celebration. We had games, balloons, and home made snacks. Setting
up or cleaning up is a much appreciated contribution. Some generous person
would buy the meats (For the past few years that was Bob Turley). The club
bought the drinks.

We could and should give the events committee some budget to get this
seeded. I believe the picnic should stay club-run with a little help from
club funds. How about 50 bucks?

I nominate Judi to take rsvps, pick a base menu, and place the order.

Thanks,

Beth Lynn Eicher