[wplug-board] Wilkins School network (was: Open call for volunteers)

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Apr 14 00:39:44 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:18:41PM -0400, Terence J. Golightly wrote:

> Presently, the needs of the project from my understanding is a cable
> needs to be run up to the upper floor of the building.  The details are
> what I am going to contact Dave about.

You are correct.  The challenge is finding a usable path from the
basement (where the router is) to the top floor.  There is a maze
of twisty little ducts, all alike, but it's not clear that any of
these offers a route.  Drilling through the floors is a rather
difficult option as they appear to be 12 to 18" thick.

> However, I do know that a new head for this project will
> require the consent of the board.  So, I can't say for sure when I will
> be able to give all of you an answer.

Our next board meeting is May 3.  This should be a reasonably
simple decision if a willing victim^H^H^H^H^H^H candidate steps
forward to take on the task.