[wplug-board] Nominations/election

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Sep 24 05:23:37 EDT 2010

I've been in touch with both Robert Blackwell and Mark Dalrymple
regarding speaking.  Robert is interested, but needs to get back to
me regarding availability for our dates.  Mark is available to
speak on November 13, but not October 23.

As for the topic, see the following exchange:

Mark Dalrymple wrote:
> Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
> > The subject can be Objective C, or whatever relevant topic you want
> > to go in to. Let me know as many details up front so we can promote
> > the heck out of it!
>
> ObjC is fine.  I could also reprise my Debugging talk I gave way back
> when (and greatly expanded).  It'll have a Mac spin since I'll have
> given it the week before at the MacTech conference.
>
> If you want ObjC, here's a sample blurb.  Feel free to change,
> elaborate, or just plain nuke:
>
> "Heard of Objective-C?  It's the principal language for programming
> Macs and iPhones.  You can use Objective-C on Linux and Windows too.
> If you're curious about the language, Mark Dalrymple, principal author
> of 'Learn Objective-C on the Mac', will talk about the language and
> programming patterns."

I am not a programmer - which subject do you think sounds more
interesting?