[wplug-board] EIN application

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Sep 21 23:38:13 EDT 2010

I spoke with the IRS today regarding our application for an EIN.
Apparently our SS-4 application needs to have lines 16 and 17
filled out despite the instructions on the back of the form, and
despite the fact that these lines appear to be asking about
business activities.  Who said the rules had to make sense?

I've filled out new copies of the form, including lines 16 and 17.
We can either wait until after the election to submit it using the
name of the new chair, or put in Dave K's information and submit
right away.  Then after the election it just takes a letter to the
IRS to change the person designated as the principal officer.

Personally, I would prefer to submit it right away so we can open
the new bank account and have it already set up for the new Board.
But I'm willing to wait also.

Current outstanding tasks for Vance Kochenderfer:

Due Friday, September 24 - Contact Robert Blackwell and Mark
Dalrymple about speaking at nomination/election meetings.

Due Sunday, September 26 - Post outstanding Treasurer's reports.