[wplug-board] Nominations/election

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Sep 20 23:15:00 EDT 2010

DK wrote:

> We can make the official decision to postpone the Nomination meeting
> until 10/23 and decide whom will convene the 10/16 meeting.  Am I
> correct in thinking that the rescheduled nomination meeting must be
> announced by 10/2?

Actually, what we did on September 18 was adjourn the meeting to
October 16.  The mechanics going forward work like this:

1. The Board cancels the regular meeting currently scheduled for
   October 9.  This clears out the obstacle to #2.  No action is
   needed to schedule a meeting for October 16, since the members
   took care of that on September 18.

2. Someone convenes the adjourned meeting on October 16.  They can
   then adopt a motion to adjourn the meeting to October 23 at the
   proper time and location.

3. We convene the twice-adjourned meeting on October 23.  This is
   still a continuation of the September 18 meeting, for which the
   notice required by the rules has already been given, so there
   is no procedural requirement to give notice to the membership.
   Of course we will want to promote it as heavily as we can.

Thanks for asking; if I still haven't explained it well enough,
let me know which part you have questions on.