[wplug-board] Nomination meeting falls on Yom Kippur

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Sep 16 22:54:03 EDT 2010

Michael Semcheski wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:04 PM, DK <wplug at curlynoodle.com> wrote:
> > We have scheduled and announced the meeting for 9/18. As such, it is
> > my opinion that we continued as planned. =A0If some members cannot
> > attend due to other obligations, then so be it.
>
> DK is totally right on this one.  We'll never find a meeting time that
> works for everyone.
>
> The best we can do is schedule things well in advance and try to avoid
> the relevant conflicts (e.g. OHLF).

Each member has the right to nominate up to five people (RONR,
p. 418).  If some members are unable to attend, I am more than
happy to make nominations on their behalf with any unused slots I
have remaining.

If others are willing to do the same, then we should be able to
easily accommodate the nominations of anyone who cannot attend for
religious or other reasons.

I agree that it is too late to contemplate rescheduling.