[wplug-board] [wplug-plan] Installfest crowd size?

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Jan 9 08:34:39 EST 2010

David Ostroske wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM, David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I've got to call Lynne Cochran back today. What should I tell her? I'm
> >> still intrigued by the place, even with the cost, but a February
> >> "installfest" (maybe we should have a poll for a new name!) is
> >> unworkable at the Carnegie Carnegie.
> >
> > I think it would be OK to tell her that we can not commit to using it
> > at this time, but may have a better idea after the January 22 Board
> > meeting.
>
> Okay, but like I said before, they run out of spots fast. If we were
> ever going to hold an event there, it wouldn't be for February, unless
> we wanted to throw down an extra 100-or-so bucks for attendants on a
> Sunday, when nobody else would be at the library anyway.

I spoke a little with Beth Lynn about this last night.  She had a
good idea - given the expense and size of the venue, it might be
more appropriate for a larger-scale type of event than our typical
installfest.

I think it would be worthwhile for more of us to go and scope out
the venue before making any further plans so we have a better
handle on how best it might be used.