[wplug-board] Bylaws amendment

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Dec 10 02:10:24 EST 2010

Beth Lynn had wanted to reduce the frequency of General User
Meetings, and thus membership business meetings.  Also to move the
election meeting to November to accommodate this schedule.

I believe the following motion would accomplish this:

  To amend section 5.1 of the Bylaws by striking the words "on a
  monthly basis," and to amend section 5.2 of the Bylaws by
  striking the word "October" and inserting "November."

Any member may make this motion at Saturday's meeting.  A majority
vote in favor will trigger a vote by absentee ballot at the
January meeting.  A 2/3 vote on the ballot will result in
adoption, amending the bylaws.

(You can read the bylaws as they currently stand at
<http://www.wplug.org/wiki/ByLaws>.)