[wplug-board] WPLUG Board Meeting 9 Jul

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Jul 3 01:24:30 EDT 2009

Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
> The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Western
> Pennsylvania Linux Users Group will be held on Thursday, July 9,
> 2009 at 7:00 PM at Smallman Street Deli at 1912 Murray Avenue in
> Squirrel Hill.

A draft of last month's minutes to be read and approved at this
meeting is provided below for your reference.

DRAFT minutes for June 2, 2009

The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Directors of the Western
Pennsylvania Linux Users Group was held on Tuesday, June 2, 2009, at
7:20 PM, at Smallman Street Deli in Squirrel Hill, the regular
presiding officer being in the chair and the Secretary being present.
The minutes of the May 5, 2009 meeting were approved as read.

The Secretary reported that WPLUG currently has 26 members.

The Treasurer reported that there is currently $146 cash on hand and
$561.12 in the checking account.

The Internet Committee reported that the CAPTCHA seems to have
curtailed the spam appearing on the wiki.

The Wilkins School Networking Committee reported that the Wilkins
School Community Center Board has decided to move forward with
establishing the network.  Comcast has provided Internet service to
the building, and a test access point placed in the utility room where
the service enters.

A draft version of an agreement between WPLUG and the Wilkins School
Community Center was reviewed and some corrections and modifications
made.  Michael Semcheski moved that the Board authorize the Chair to
sign the agreement and to make any alterations necessary to make it
acceptable to the Wilkins School Community Center.  After discussion,
the motion was adopted.

The meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM.