[wplug-board] Election meeting preparations

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Sep 23 23:14:04 EDT 2008

I just want to follow up on a few things to make sure the election
goes smoothly with no surprises.

First: Beth Lynn, can you coordinate with Mike and Ted to retrieve
mail from the PO Box?  It would be best if you could do this on a
daily or every-other-day basis so you can promptly acknowledge
receipt of ballots and membership application forms.

Second: Dave, have you inquired at Panera about the catering
arrangements?

Third: I have put up the tally sheet for the election, along with
instructions to the tellers on how to use it, on the wiki at the
following locations:
<http://www.wplug.org/w/index.php/Image:Election-tally-sheet-2008.pdf>
<http://www.wplug.org/w/index.php/Image:Election-tally-sheet-instructions.pdf>.
Feel free to direct anyone who might want to be a teller to refer
to these or to ask me questions.

Fourth: Keep thinking about who you want to select as member of
the year.  Have alternates in mind in case the person you think is
most deserving isn't on the membership rolls at election time.

Thanks, everyone.