[wplug-board] Possible installfest at Mt. Lebanon library

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Oct 23 17:15:30 EDT 2008

Howdy folks-

Just wanted to get this out there.  I spoke with the librarian at
the Mt. Lebanon Library about using one of their meeting rooms
<http://www.mtlebanonlibrary.org/meetingrooms.html> for an
installfest.  Their policy would be to have a maximum of two
events in any one year.  She said that it is possible for us to be
bumped if a library-related organization needs space on the same
date, but this is very rare and it would only be to one of the
other meeting rooms, not another date.

I asked about Saturday afternoons from noon to 5:00, and she said
this was fine, although since the library closes at 5 we should
plan to start clearing out the room at 4:30 or so.  The library
provides wireless net access.  There is no fee for the room.

Anyway, here are the dates we discussed that were most available:
  May: 2, 16, 23, 30
  Aug: 1, 15, 22, 29
  Nov: 7, 21, 28
Looking at their event schedule, it seems that first Saturdays
might be a little tighter than the other days.  We can talk over
possible schedules at Monday's meeting.

If anyone wants to do a walkthrough, the meeting rooms are on the
lower level of the library.  You can go take a look during library
hours - if the rooms are in use, they have windows so you can at
least look in and get an idea of what they're like.