[wplug-board] February Board Meeting

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Jan 23 18:15:26 EST 2008

Michael Semcheski wrote:

> Previously, we've been finishing with the previous meetings minutes at
> 7:45 or 8:00.  Its ridiculous to spend an hour on such a trivial
> thing.

I'm in agreement - approving the previous meeting's minutes is
merely a step to ensure that they accurately reflect what
happened.  Its purpose is not to re-hash what went on or discuss
new information.

You're also right that we should be better prepared before the
meetings.

> On Jan 23, 2008 3:10 PM, Ted Rodgers <trodgers at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > On other matters, there should be a limit on board meeting length.  I
> > think 1.5 hours should be reasonable; I'll negotiate a bit on that, but
> > for normal board meetings we don't have so much going on that we need 3
> > hours at every meeting.

We can certainly set an adjournment time at the beginning of each
meeting.  We did this on the bylaws committee as I recall, and I
think having a countdown helped keep us moving.

Thanks for the good suggestions.