[wplug-board] February Board Meeting

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:54:51 EST 2008

I agree with much of what Ted said.  Here is idea1 on how to save some time:

1. Each board member is responsible for getting the minutes from the
previous meeting off of the wiki.
2. Any changes to the minutes should be on the agenda.

If we follow those two steps, we're going to save some time.
Previously, we've been finishing with the previous meetings minutes at
7:45 or 8:00.  Its ridiculous to spend an hour on such a trivial
thing.

This is idea2 on how to keep the meeting orderly:

1. Agenda is emailed out or posted to the wiki three to five days
before the board meeting.
2. Committee reports are emailed to the board three to five days
before the board meeting.
3. If you want to discuss something in the Committee report, the
agenda is revised and sent out again.
4. The agenda is not revised on the day of the meeting.

These are not hard and fast rules, but guidelines to keep us from
getting bogged down in Committee reports.

I'm going to try to follow idea1 and idea2.  I wouldn't presume to try
to impose these on you, but if you think they might work, then lets
give it a shot.