[wplug-board] February Board Meeting

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:38:33 EST 2008

Hi Vance,

I don't think you are any more to blame for the lack of focus in the
board meetings than anyone else.  You may not be experienced, but you
will be eventually.

Personally, I think the board has too much on its plate.  We can set
goals and think long term OR we can take care of the runnings and
operations of the group.  But we can't do both.

If we could get all of the committees to start meeting regularly and
doing some of the work the board has been doing, that would be great
-- even if the only ones on the committees were board members.

As an example:
The Program Committee comes up with a proposed list of meeting dates
for the following six months.  The board votes on them and approves or
rejects them.  We can have a short discussion, but we should not spend
much of the board meeting looking at calendars and figuring out what
dates work.  We shouldn't be setting individual dates.

But, the committees aren't going to start themselves up.  I think it
might require each board member to head up a committee.  There are six
committees listed on the wiki.  One of them is the investigating
committee, which can act on an as-needed basis.  That leaves five
other committees, and five board members.

Mike