[wplug-board] February Board Meeting

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Jan 23 12:50:21 EST 2008

Michael Semcheski wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2008 9:45 AM, DK <wplug at curlynoodle.com> wrote:
> > I am open to re-scheduling the Feb board meeting.  I recommend meeting
> > on Saturday after the installfest, or Sunday afternoon.
> >
> > Comments anyone?
>
> I'm against meeting on the same day as one of the GUM's or
> installfests.  The [general user | installfest | board] meetings are
> all plenty long enough as it is.  I don't know if I'm the only one who
> feels that way -- I'd like to hear comments on this.
>
> Immediately after the installfest is Super Bowl Sunday.  I would like
> to keep that evening open.  Maybe earlier in the day would work.
> Other weekends could work.

Presidents' Day weekend (15th-18th) is out for me, but otherwise I
should be available.  I'd agree that tacking the board meeting onto
a GUM or installfest is not desirable.

On the subject of long board meetings: after giving it quite a bit
of thought, I've come to the conclusion that the goal-setting
exercise we've attempted at the last couple meetings has not
achieved its intended purpose of focusing our attention but has
instead tended to simply consume our time and energy.  I don't
know exactly why, but suspect it has something to do with my
relative lack of experience and skill facilitating such exercises
as compared to Patrick.  In the interest of directing our limited
energies where they can do the most good, I therefore don't intend
to raise the issue myself at future board meetings, although any
board member remains free to do so if he or she feels it should
come before the board.