[wplug-board] Mailman setup and final migration

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:01:13 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net>
wrote:

> I have set up mailman as well as I can, and copied the archives and
> configuration from penguin into the proper places on linode.  There
> are still two remaining problems:
>  1. The web interface is a bit screwed up; I think this has to do
>     with the apache config somehow.

I think this is something I can fix, if you give me a little more
information.  I am pretty comfortable with Apache conf's.

>  2. There appears to be no good way to change the host name that
>     mailman uses, so I can't set it up as linode.wplug.org and
>     then make a clean switch to www.wplug.org as I had hoped.
>     Right now it is set up for the hostname www.wplug.org and
>     e-mail domain wplug.org, but obviously this won't really work
>     until the DNS is switched over.

Would it be better to create MX records for wplug.org, and point them at
linode.wplug.org?  We might even be able to proxy www.wplug.org/mailman ->
linode.wplug.org.

I'm going to be a little bit busy on the 27th due to some maintenance at
Pitt, but otherwise the plan is fine with me.

Mike