[wplug-board] draft announcement for webdesign contest

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue May 15 00:25:42 EDT 2007

Comments are welcome.

--Patrick

WPLUG Web Design Contest
Secure Temporary Internet Immortality

WPLUG is in the process of completely upgrading their online presence,
and we're looking for your help. Starting today, and ending at
11:59:59pm on June 30th, WPLUG is have a web redesign contest to help us
build a new online presence. This contest is open to anyone, and you'll
get a sweet prize if you're the winner[1]. To enter, create a mockup of
your new design and send your entry to webdesign at wplug.org. We'll
announce the winner in early July, and by August your design will be the
new home for WPLUG.

Here are details you need to know:

1. You're free to redesign all aspects of WPLUG, including the logo if
you so desire. If you're happy with the current logo, you're welcome to
use that too.

2. If you decided to keep the current WPLUG logo a high resolution
version is available at
http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/images/e/ec/Wpluglogo.svg

3. You're free to use any content management system you desire, however
it must have the following characteristics:
   a. If it's not mediawiki, you must provide a way to migrate our
      current mediawiki content.
   b. The system must be sane and in common enough use that it is
      reasonable that WPLUG will be able to find someone to manage the
      system. This rules out systems like OpenACS.
   c. It must be open source and capable of running on Linux and
      FreeBSD.

4. The winner will be decided by the WPLUG board at our July meeting.
Decision of the board is final.

5. In the case that no acceptable entries are found at the July meeting,
the board can extend or terminate the contest.

6. If you have questions email Patrick Wagstrom
<pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu>

Let the Designing Begin!

Patrick Wagstrom
on behalf of the WPLUG Board

[1] Sweet prize to be determined, but it will be worth at least $30, and
probably closer to $50 or $75.