[wplug-board] Re: [wplug-plan] Virtual Hosting

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Jun 17 01:01:48 EDT 2007

Michael Hansell wrote:
> I am available monday night, what time and where? maybe silky's or PHI?
> or somewhere more academic like CMU campus?
>
> mike
>
> */Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net>/* wrote:
>
>     "Michael H. Semcheski" wrote:
>      >
>      > The decision the Internet Committee came to was this. Linode.com
>      > provides virtual hosting. We get a root account on a virtual machine
>      > for a price within our budget. Next Friday, we will open an account
>      > with Linode.
>
>     Thanks for working this out. I do think that at least the board
>     should vote on the matter before binding WPLUG to a financial
>     commitment. Bill and Mike H., are you available Monday evening?

I thought we already voted to approve some money for this, but checking
the minutes, I guess it didn't happen at the April meeting -- no minutes
from the May meeting.  I'd like to know what Linode plan we're going
with, details of the contract, who will own the account, etc.  Until I
have answers to those questions, I'm not voting to give the money, even
if we've voted to spend the money.  Technically, they should fill out a
funding request form just like everyone else has had to in the past.  In
this we keep a uniform filing system for all expenses.  I know, it's
bureaucracy, but it's needed in an organization with turnover.

--Patrick