[wplug-board] Meet the candidates IRC session

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 1 15:36:08 EDT 2007

Folks,

I'm sending this out now because I'm not sure what my connectivity will
be like next week.  So, I may or may not get responses to this:

Next Wednesday is IRC meet the candidates night, from 8-9pm.  Mark
Dalrymple has volunteered to moderate the discussion.  If everyone can
show up on irc.freenode.net/#wplug by around 7:50pm that would be great.

My suggestion is that we tell people to send the questions to Mark in a
private message and then he ask the questions of both candidates.
Pretty straight forward.  I'm hoping we don't need to move to another
channel to do this and that it can just take place in the main WPLUG
channel.

For the board members, could you think of a few questions prior to the
time that should be asked to get the discussion rolling?

Also, do we have ways to shut people up in the IRC channel?  It looks
like FreeNode is 100% unresponsive in terms of getting us as a
registered group.

--Patrick