[wplug-board] Schedule for the March 10th meeting

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sat Feb 17 16:02:33 EST 2007

I'm here with Dave working on some stuff, and it occurred to me that
the March 10th meeting _could_ be a disaster ...

Dave and I talked about this a bit, but I thought I'd bring it up with
the rest of you in case you have an suggestions on how to ensure it
goes well.

The big problem I have is that if the membership meeting starts at
10:00 AM, everyone who wants to vote in person will need to have their
ballot in by that time when we close the polls.

Also, the last time we had a vote, it took a _long_ time to count them
up.  Technically, the tellers should report their findings to the
membership in an official capacity.  These ballots will be significantly
simplier than the last, but if the tellers take very long, we're going
to end up in a nasty time crunch.

If we move the membership meeting after the presentations, we can have
the polls open later, but we may not get the ballots counted in
time.

What if we split the presentations?  Have half of them early, then
combine the pizza eating with the membership meeting?  That would
allow us to have the polls open the whole morning, but still have
plenty of time for ballot counting?

Perhaps I'm over-paranoid about this, but I just like to see things
come off smoothly, and my smoothness alarm is flashing red for this
meeting.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies