[wplug-board] ballots and bylaws revision

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 19 23:07:41 EDT 2006

Who is in charge of the creation of the ballots for the board and bylaws
revision?  I think we need to get these out ASAP.

I've also come up with an idea to help prevent some vote fraud.  The
issue is that right now anyone can send in a ballot and say they're
someone else.  Well, an easy way to prevent this problem is the way that
GNOME handles elections, through the use of a token.

If someone wants to mail in a ballot, they email us first, inform that
they'll be mailing in a ballot.  We then give them some arbitrary length
string that they write on the seal of the postal envelope along with
their signature.  When the tellers check, the absentee list, they also
have a list of the keys and ensure they match.

Simple enough.  It's not iron clad, but it proves that the person
requesting the ballot could at least receive mail at address X.  We
could have an address like vote at wplug.org that would handle this.  I
could hand out the tokens if need be.

Also, who is contacting Greg Simkins about his nomination?  If I don't
hear back by tomorrow afternoon I'll take care of contacting him.

--Patrick