[wplug-board] what if we win?

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Sun Sep 17 23:21:05 EDT 2006

Hello,

In order to give everyone who's nominated a fair shot, I would encourage
everyone to put together a paragraph as to why they feel they'd be a good
board member of WPLUG.

I also suggest that hold a forum on #wplug at a designated time and date
so that our members (even the internet lurkers) can get a chance to talk
to the candidates and ask questions.

As part of the programming committee, I have been attempting to find some
sort of event to hold between now and October 21. Plan A didn't work out
and I'm just about ready to give up on Plan B. If I don't hear anything by
Tuesday I'm pursuing Plan C. If that tanks, we'll just meet up at a coffee
shop somewhere. I really feel that it's important that we do something
face to face before October 21 because I think this would help.

We should stress the fact that there are many candidates nominated
therefore this is not an automatic in for the current board.
Regardless if the board size is 5 or 7 we have more people willing to
serve than seats. It's really the membership's call as to who is the 2007
board of WPLUG.

Sadly, elections tend to turn into a popularity contest. There's nothing
we can do about that. It's just human nature.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn