[wplug-board] what if we win?

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 17 20:57:07 EDT 2006

So, at the meeting Mike Hansell's objections made me realize something.
What if all the current board members win?  What if the board is the
same board it's been for the past year?  What message does that send to
the members?

We all have an enormous advantage over the other people running because
they've seen us for the past year.  People have gotten to know us.  Much
more so than some of the other folks.  While some of it may just be an
issue with the need for people to get more involved, folks like Ted
Rodgers, who have done several talks may have a chance, but
realistically, I'm a little worried.

Honestly, a board of 4 or 5 of the current members would be VERY VERY
bad in my opinion.  I'm not asking anyone to leave the race, but really,
I'd like to hear some other folks talk about this issue.

--Patrick