[wplug-board] wireless router from Mike O'Connor

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 5 10:00:46 EDT 2006

Folks,

So I got the scoop on the wireless router from Mike.  Apparently it's an
802.11b (only) wireless access point/router that is still in great
condition, but Mike has just retired because he doesn't use wireless
anymore.  While I appreciate Mike's desire to donate it as a raffle
item, I'm wondering how valuable it really is.  This isn't a model that
is easily hackable for linux, and considering that you can get a WRT54G
for $40 (or the linux version for $60), I'm wondering how much of a
prize it really is.  Is it worth it to have WPLUG give this away?  Your
feedback is appreciated.

--Patrick