[wplug-board] candidates statements for election

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:29:38 EDT 2006

On 10/3/06, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> > One of the things we'd talked about was getting candidates statements
> > for the elections.  I think this is a really good idea, provided we put
> > some sort of upper bound on the statement, such as 250 words (otherwise
> > it would take a very long time to read everything).

250 words is a good upper limit. I don't recall what our limit was last year.

> > I have no problem with soliciting these statements and sending out an
> > email regarding it.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I'm just not sure it's necessary.  I'm not opposed to it, so if you're
> willing to do the legwork, I have no arguments.

I don't have any problems with it. In fact, I think it's important
that the nominees at least have an idea of what they'd like to see
happen with the group.

I was thinking of making Thursday a cut-off day for comments, but I've
been dragging my feet getting the ballots out. How about this Friday?
Please somebody respond, because I don't want to act unilaterally on
this.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>