[wplug-board] Todays meeting: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Mon Mar 13 10:31:42 EST 2006

wmoran wrote:
> While I don't expect it to
> go too high, I think it would be good if it were high enough that folks
> actually took a minute to consider it before joining.  Even if it were
> just $5/year and didn't count toward pizza, for example.

Yeah.  The "$5/year and free pizza" was created (I believe) because of the
expected backlash from the old timers "this was always free, and now
you expect us to pay money?".  Now that's it's free and painless to be
a member, it's a no brainer for a person to go "I get my pizza, and this
other free thing, whatever it is", which serves to drive up our quorum
requirements and can make running timely meetings even more difficult.
I would not mind dropping the 'free pizza to become a member' clause.

Having the whole day run an hour behind schedule was inconveninent for
folks - I know my crew was wanting to do some stuff after the meeting
and before my concert.  The internet committe had a very rushed meeting
because we all had other obligations to get to.  I had to shirk my
cleanup crew duties because I had to leave.  A number of folks took off
during Bill's presentation, presumably because they had other obligations.

Wheeee,
++md